Since 98% of US births happen in the hospital then there needs to be a better way to get prepared for Hospital Birth and lower the rates of trauma and preventable interventions that many folks want to avoid. Tune in today to hear how Lisa & Marnie,...
Since 98% of US births happen in the hospital then there needs to be a better way to get prepared for Hospital Birth and lower the rates of trauma and preventable interventions that many folks want to avoid. Tune in today to hear how Lisa & Marnie, The Hospital Doulas, have put together some programs focused on supporting this vast majority of parents to have amazing birth outcomes beyond the Hospital's minimal standards of "healthy Baby and Mama." In this episode we discuss:
- You don't know what you don't know - and how to see past your blindspots
- The BRAIN acronym and its usefulness in labor and delivery
- Their unique approach to working together with your Hospital team
- The importance of treating your birth team as individual people to help you get treated as an individual person
- A positive birth experience is much more about empowered decision making than external events
- "Routine Care" can be VERY different than "evidenced-based care"
- The true role of us Dads in the delivery room
... and so much more.
Main page: https://www.thehospitaldoulascircle.com
Free PDF of 100 questions: https://www.thehospitaldoulascircle.com/opt-in
Their Masterclass registration: https://www.thehospitaldoulascircle.com/kajabisalespagetemplate-201208-152631-1619377878-1
To learn more about Katie's FREE weekly Zoom Postpartum Support Group - Thursday's at 1pm PST, and David's FREE monthly Zoom Dad support group - last Thursday of the month at 6pm PST check us out here: https://www.thenestfamilyresource.com/parenting
Like what we have to say? Subscribe to the channel, like this show, and come see us over at the Nest and Welcome To Fatherhood!
For more information on Katie DaMota and Nest Family Resource please visit:
For more information on David Arrell, his book Welcome To Fatherhood, and his other coaching and consulting offerings please visit:
Podcast music credit for The Road Ahead:
Music from Uppbeat (free for Creators!):
License code: YQSX0VF4MX6S3N8K
Photo credit: The Hospital Doulas